DUI School Requirements
Stuart, Florida DUI Defense Attorney, David Kaplow, proudly serves Stuart, Florida, Martin County, and St. Lucie County by providing aggressive and experienced DUI criminal defense lawyer legal representation.
Call (772) 221-2100 to speak with Attorney, David Kaplow about your DUI Defense legal needs.
DUI School Requirements - s. 316.193 F.S., s. 322.271, F.S., s. 322.291, F.S.:
- First Conviction: Must complete DUI school before hardship reinstatement. Customers who wait out revocation period before reinstatement need only show proof of enrollment or completion to become re-licensed. If customer enrolls and is reinstated after revocation period expires, failure to complete the DUI school within 90 days after reinstatement will result in license cancellation; the driver cannot then be re-licensed until DUI school is completed.
- Second Conviction in 5 Years (5-Year Revocation) or Third Conviction in 10 Years (10-Year Revocation): Customer must complete DUI school following conviction. See requirements in 13C and 13D respectively.
- DUI Manslaughter With No Prior DUI Related Conviction: (Permanent Revocation): Must complete DUI school before hardship reinstatement.
- Manslaughter, DUI Serious Bodily Injury, or Vehicular Homicide: Minimum 3 year Revocation.
- Customers Who Wait Until Revocation Period Expires: Must enroll in DUI school and pass the driver license examinations to be re-licensed. Failure to complete the school within 90 days after such reinstatement will result in cancellation of the license until the school is completed.
- Reckless Driving: If the court has reasonable cause to believe that the use of alcohol, chemical or controlled substances contributed to a violation of reckless driving, the person convicted of reckless driving must complete DUI school if ordered by the court.
- Treatment: Treatment resulting from a psychosocial evaluation may not be waived without a supporting psychosocial evaluation by a court appointed agency with access to the original evaluation.
As a law firm which provides professional DUI defense legal services, we are experienced, prepared, and well qualified to represent you in even the most difficult of legal challenges you may be facing. We are well versed in driving under the influence and criminal law and know how to apply the law to your specific legal needs and goals.
Call (772) 221-2100 to schedule a confidential legal consultation with DUI Criminal Defense Attorney, David Kaplow.
About David Kaplow
David Kaplow received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the State University of New York at Binghamton, his Master of Arts degree from the University of Chicago, and his Juris Doctor from Florida State University.
For over 20 years, David Kaplow has been practicing criminal defense law on the Treasure Coast. When he began his career as an Assistant Public Defender, David Kaplow successfully defended his clients with dedication and compassion. He was quickly promoted to handle major felony charges while serving as the head of the Misdemeanor Division in Martin County.
David Kaplow has helped thousands of clients charged with both misdemeanors and felonies. He also has extensive experience representing clients in jury trials on charges ranging from misdemeanor offenses such as DUI, domestic battery and retail theft, to more serious felonies like drug sales, aggravated battery, sexual offenses, attempted murder and murder.
Read the Full Biography of Attorney, David Kaplow >>>